About Visa

creation date:2022-08-03

1. After obtaining the Admission Notice of Shanghai Business School and the Visa Application Form for Studying in China (i.e. JW202 form), how do I apply for an entry visa to China?

Once you have received the “Admission Notice of Shanghai Business School” (hereinafter referred to as the “Admission Notice”) and the “Visa Application Form for Studying in China” (hereinafter referred to as the “JW202” form), you can apply for a student visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your location. If you have any questions about entry visas, please consult your local embassy or consulate. Documents that you may need to bring with you when applying for a visa are as follows (depending on the local embassy or consulate):

1) Original passport;

2) “Admission Notice” (issued by Shanghai Business School with official seal);

3) “JW202” form (issued by Shanghai Business School).


Friendly reminder: If you have any questions during the visa application process, you can consult the local embassy or consulate; if you have any questions about the “Admission Notice” or “JW202” form, please directly consult the International Students Office of the university.

2. After arriving at Shanghai Business School, how to apply for a visa and residence permit in Shanghai?

(1) When you arrive at Shanghai Business School, please go to the International Students Office to go through the registration and payment procedures;

(2) After you have officially become a registered student of Shanghai Business School (with the completion of the registration, payment and other procedures), you can go to the International Students Office to get an application letter for visa and residence permit;

(3) Bring relevant materials to the Shanghai Exit-Entry Administration for visa application in China.


3. What should I do if I want to suspend or drop out of school?

If you want to apply for dropout (suspension) during your studies, you must change your residence permit to a T visa (for a temporary stay). You need to apply for dropout (suspension) from each secondary college first; after obtaining the approval, go to the university’s International Students Office to go through the modification procedures.